I earned my law degree from Southern Methodist University in 1988 and began practicing law that same year. Since being licensed to practice law, I have spent all of my time in courtrooms throughout the country seeking justice and closure for my clients. I have obtained numerous multi-million dollar jury verdicts for our clients totaling over $100,000,000. In addition, I have settled many of my clients’ cases who were diagnosed with asbestos-related cancers totaling over $300,000,000. Representative matters have included such notable results as a jury verdict of $25.2 million for the estate of a client who died from mesothelioma due to asbestos exposure. 100% of liability was placed on the three defendants in the courtroom, Crane Co, Yarway Corporation and John Crane. The National Law Journal recognized that award as one of the Top 100 Verdicts of 2008.
There is no secret to our success in obtaining these values. Hard work, attention to detail, and litigating our clients’ cases before juries have always resulted in achieving our clients’ goals of having their voice heard and holding the responsible companies accountable for their actions.
Growing up in West Texas as the son of a rancher, my father instilled in me the belief that working hard will get you the results you seek and make you a better person. I took my father’s advice and decided to make a difference by helping represent families and individuals devastated by asbestos-related injuries. As an attorney, I take my responsibility fighting for clients very personally and will do everything under the law to ensure they obtain full and complete justice.
- Texas, 1988
- New York, 2007
- Pennsylvania, 2011
- Missouri, 2016
- Illinois, 2016
- Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specializations
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Asbestos Litigation
- Toxic Tort
- Civil Law
- Children International whose mission is to help children living in dire poverty
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, J.D., 1988
- Texas Tech University, B.L.A., 1984
Professional Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of New York
- The Bar of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- American Association of Justice
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
Honors and Awards
- Selected for recognition on the Texas Super Lawyers list, published by Thomson Reuters, Legal, 2005-2006, 2009-2016.